Thursday 12 September 2013

Tadka Dal

One of my favourite dals. I love dals with hot, steamed rice, papad and pickle.
Yummy..give me any time of the day...I enjoy as my first meal of the day.
This is a basic dal recipe with very few ingredients..but tastes heavenly and very comforting.

Ingredients:
Split Moong Dal - 1cup,
Toor dal - 1 fistful,
Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon,
Tomato - 1 chopped,
Salt,
Green Chilly - 1 finely chopped.

Tempering:
Oil - 1 tablespoon,
Cumin - 1 teaspoon,
Asafoetida - a pinch,
Garlic - 10 cloves sliced,
Whole Red Chillies - 2,
Coriander - 1 tablespoon.



Method:
Pressure cook dals, turmeric, tomato,salt and green chillies with enough water for 2-3 whistles.
Once the pressure cooker cools, blend the dals and rest of the ingredients.
Temper with the ingredients under the tempering table and add the dal and mix well and serve hot with steamed hot rice or chapathi.


No comments:

Post a Comment